View Single Post
Old
11-25-2012, 06:05 PM
KirbyDots

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Fischer View Post
FREE CHICKEN!

Would you say another reason for the line regaining form is the development of O'Regan? I've been trying to keep tabs on both him and Nieto (one of 5 that are really tough for me to follow) and while I think Nieto is typically seen as the marquee Sharks prospect for the event, it hasn't always been the case. O'Regan looks somehow better (edit: than himself, not Nieto) every night. In fact, I think Megan's seniority is actually holding the kid back a bit and next year I think he could really break out.
O'Regan is definitely looking more comfortable out there each game as well as continuing to develop chemistry with Nieto. Megan has been hot, along with Hohmann. I agree that Megan's seniority is holding Nieto back, though I think if the Nieto/O'Regan line continues heat up they have a chance of going back to being the 1st pp unit as they were at the beginning of the season. O'Regan's game has improved, he's winning faceoffs and he's solid defensively. His offensive chemistry with Nieto is really starting to show, they make frequent passing plays on the rush and cycle very well with nice crisp passes. I see Megan as a great energy guy with enough skill to be an elite NHL third liner if he continues to develop, Nieto seems to be the more skilled and better all around player though up until recently snakebit. Nieto's goals are usually super pretty wrist shot snipes, he has incredibly puck skills and skating ability and is BU's go to guy on the PK which is a team strength.