View Single Post
Old
11-25-2012, 06:13 PM
charliolemieux
rsTmf

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Interactif View Post
3 pages discussing if Grabo is a #1C on a contender or a #2C on a Cup team.

Unbelievable.
Unbelievable that that is the impression you got from the previous 3 pages.

Did we read the same thread?

Quote:
The fact he is a #2C on a perennial non playoff team and a mediocre one at that, just tells you all you need to know.
He is the best player on that 2nd line. He is by a wide margin the best center on the team.

Quote:
1. First off let this guy prove he can be part of a winning team before saying he is a 'great' <chuckle> #2C on Cup contender, I won't even say Cup winner because we know this is not true.
I think the majority here have said he is good. HE would be a great #3c on a champion. Without a doubt.

Quote:
2. If the guy is so great, why do all his backers always say he needs better wingers, or a better supporting cast? Great players make players around them better, but Grabo is not a particular strong playmaker nor does he bring a lot of "Bergeron, Richards intangibles to a team".
IF Kulemin had buried his chances last year grabo would have been close to 70pts.

Quote:
He is what he is, a default best C on a team with little strength up the middle, only 4 points the better of the 2nd highest point getting C on the team last year with a lot more fanfare and less intangibles ie. Faceoff inabilty just to name one thing. He rarely plays consistently, often dissapears when the games are important.
Just what games are you watching? He is our best player v. Boston by far.

Quote:
In short, he is the poster boy of this losing era. I will say it again, and it's sounding like a broken record, when the Leafs get a better top 6, one where players have better intangibles. The almost 29 year old will be gone, and mark these words, the Leafs will improve in the standings.
YOu might be right. If the Leafs get 2 better centers Grabo's salary is too high to be on the 3rd line.

Quote:
The fact is The Leafs will improve in the standings when the Grabo era is over.
The fact is I will retire when I win next weeks Lotto max.

Is there something wrong with these facts?

charliolemieux is offline   Reply With Quote