View Single Post
Old
11-25-2012, 08:02 PM
Garyboy

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by chewerjones View Post
Best skater I have seen in years. He does it so effortlessley. Has size, and good hands. Only knock on him, is that he does hold on to puck too long, and in Hamilton game , he gave away puck too many times. It seems like he may be too cocky out there, and may need to be grounded a bit. If he can control his ego, he will almost definitely get Exceptional Status, given his size and talent.
He really is a fascinating player to watch. I have never seen such an elite level talent play such a nonchalant style of hockey.

Even in today's final he looked like he was going through the motions. There were a couple of times when he'd make a nice outlet pass, break up ice to join the rush, and none of his teammates could keep up with his pace. He shoots, skates, and passes like an NHL'er, yet plays as if he couldn't care less a lot of the time.

Will be very interesting to see where he ends up playing next season. I don't think he'll apply or get exceptional status, and if he doesn't, hopefully he's in the USHL next year. Even though he's playing up a year this season, he plays as if he's bored with the speed of the game. He may be a guy that really needs to be challenged to bring out the best in him. At least I hope so, as his skill set is unbelievable.

Last edited by Garyboy: 11-25-2012 at 08:10 PM.