Thread: Confirmed with Link: Hans Tavares to SC Bern
View Single Post
Old
11-25-2012, 07:46 PM
StrongIslanders90

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PWJunior View Post
The thing about JT is that I still don't know exactly what kind of player he'll be when he eventually hits his prime. Would anyone be surprised if all of a sudden he becomes a 50+ (60+?) goal scorer that he was in Junior? Does he continue his progression into a 40+ goal, 100 pt. player? How much better will his two-way game become? That's still a lot of questions surrounding a player already regarded as a star.

What sets him apart from everyone else is that his hockey sense and understanding of the game (especially offensively) are at a rare level. He's a good athlete, but he doesn't have the elite athleticism that people like Crosby, Ovie, Kovy, etc. You look at the physical package, it doesn't blow you away. Yet, he's always been an elite (dare I say, the elite) player at every level because he is several steps ahead of everyone else mentally. The kid is seriously packing upstairs.

I think it all depends on his linemates. Johnny will and CAN adapt his game to maximize their talents. With a talented finisher like Moulson (give the guy his due), Johnny has had to tailor his game more as a playmaker so far in his career. Throw in the fact that he was physically unprepared to play the way he did in Junior... until now. If Hans were to have playmaking wingers who are also strong in puck possession as a linemates instead of Moulson, then I'm almost positive that we'll see the 50+ goal scorer and a multiple Richard trophy winner. Remember that he has routinely been the leading goal scorer in the WJC and WC's.
The thing about johnny is hes like a machine out there. He is always calculating and looking for the best PLAY to make. I def think he has 50 goal potential and I have no doubt that f he wanted to he could light the lamp but I see him as a constant 40g 50a guy...He looks for his teamates and puts them in the best possible position to succede.

StrongIslanders90 is online now   Reply With Quote