View Single Post
Old
11-25-2012, 09:21 PM
SuperGenius
For Duty & Humanity!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew View Post
That's the thing. the SEC has got to the point where they schedule this way (easiest OOC schedules in the sport, never have to leave their state or region, scheduling their cupcakes late in the season) and they've cracked the computer code.

The computers think they are so good that 2 loss SEC teams will probably make the soon to arrive playoff over other teams.
This is kind of what gets me about the SEC dominance as well. It's sort of a self-fulfilling prophecy. Schedule cupcakes, conference record is .950 or so, then they play each other and the impact of losses are lessened for most of the conference. Next, they are rewarded with a bowl game which is essentially a home game which they win most of the time.

Don't get me wrong, there is some great football being played in the SEC, but that does not mean that there isn't good football being played elsewhere. I would never assume that any 12-0 team would be annihilated by playing any team with 1 or 2 losses in a 'power' conference. IMO, winning matters more than losing. The ESPNs of the world would have us believe that losing while looking good is better than winning ugly.

Remember when the last undefeated OSU team that 'scraped by' their schedule undefeated lost to the unstoppable skill of the "U"? Oh yeah...it didn't happen that way.