Old
11-25-2012, 09:55 PM
DJN21

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JPurp26 View Post
I went to the game last night.

Only things to agree/add on to are that

McNabb has been hit or miss this season and last night it was miss. Hope he shakes it.

Parker did well in limited ice time, seemed to be more effective then sundher at this point.

Rolston seemed to rotate his lines less than average last night. Roy-Parker-Legault didn't get much time out there.

I really like when Flynn centers Foligno and Rankin. That line has chemistry for some reason. (They played some PP together and as a line a few games back)

Finley is slow. He needs to cut weight or do something to be more effective, also whenever he goes for a big hit, he falls down for some reason.

I think Girgensons should be in Kelowna. Like others have mentioned he gets popped every game. He looks lost in the offensive zone and hesitates on lots of opportunities, granted with more confidence he will get better. He did receive consistent PP time last night though although his unit was far worse than the other.

The Amerks in general lack speed and scorers. They need Hodgson but even then they need a goal scorer/sniper.

I also agree that Brennan won't be an NHLer, despite his offensive numbers he makes some questionable on ice decisions, plus his skating is not great.

Mancari, despite one good shift that led to Brennan's first shorty, was a plug. He lacks intensity and passion, something a leader/assistant captain should show.

Biega still continues to be one of the better Dmen on the team, really wish he was 6ft 2 and 200 pounds

Tarnasky has been playing well and played his role well.

Varone hasn't really impressed me this season. He has an occasional nice play but he is soft as well.

Pysyk continues to be steady eddie. His vision/IQ is fantastic and with more maturation, he will be an NHLer sooner rather than later.

Leggio is underrated PERIOD. He plays a very strong/confident game. He consistently bails out his defense. Frazee was rough for Albany last night, and if Albany's goalie came to play, Rochester could've easily lost this game.

Lines from last night for anyone who was wondering or hadn't seen it

Foligno-Porter-Rankin
Girgensons-Varone-Flynn
Tarnasky-Schofield-Mancari
Roy-Parker-Legault

McNabb-Pysyk
Brennan-Biega
Finley-Gauthie-Leduc

Leggio
Knapp

McNabb has looked pretty bad lately and worse yet is he hasnt been overly physical to make up for his poor d play..

In regards to Girgensons ik they wanted to keep his responsibility low hence the reason he isnt playing center but he looks anemic out there offensively I almost wonder what would happen if they put him at C for a few games...

Flynn-Foligno-Rankin line is definately a nice compliment

DJN21 is offline   Reply With Quote