View Single Post
Old
11-25-2012, 09:05 PM
marty111

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bourne Endeavor View Post
Malhotra's salary covers any raise Edler gets. Raymond will be gone and there is always a possibility of dumping Ballard. We have a number of ELC players looking to break into the lineup, namely: Jensen, Kassian and Schroeder. Unless the cap dips significantly, say to something around 62M. We have more than enough to balance Luongo's contract and maintain our current roster. In fact, we could even add.

I do not get why other fans become so engrossed in explaining our team to us. Odds are far more than likely we have a superior grasp than you. Therefore, I will say, for the umpteenth time no less, Luongo is not going to be a salary dump. Either you offer us something meaningful, or we simply keep him. If Kadri++ or Lupul is too much. Alright, we part ways and good luck with Reimer.
We're just doing the math, not much else.

I've looked at it and a Canuck's team at 62M cap isn't one that can improve from what they have now.

Keeping Lu and Schneider and ducking under 62m also doesn't solve the problem of the two goalies they now which at some point has to be fixed.

I don't want to debate on the value of Lu, but if he is such an elite goalie like you are defending him as, then just trade Schneider for something significant as everyone will be able to agree on that.