View Single Post
Old
11-26-2012, 12:22 AM
mapleleaf979

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by heusy_79 View Post
Day is amazing. The OHL will be handing out exceptional status for the third straight season. Effortless skating style reminds me of Niedermayer. Also liked #s 5 and 8 while watching Compuware. Enjoyed watching Oakville play, their blueline is fantastic (66 and 4) and they have some solid forwards and a great goalie. I also liked YSE captain #10, a very steady dman.

Didn't see much 97 hockey as I was asked to focus on younger ages. There is definitely some great talent on the way.
Do u know if he is applying for sure? I get the feeling that he will apply. I have no idea how anyone could tell him he isnt ready. He is by far the best defenseman Ive seen this year, not even close. The ice this guy covers is unreal. Im amazed with this kids top end speed and how after a couple cross overs he is skating away from guys. It didnt even look like he was going all out too, it appeared he was slowing down half the time so he wasnt isolated on his own. He clearly has hands as well with his stickhandling skills. He has a nasty physical side to his game too. He also impressed me with his Defensive game. He skates just as fast backwards and uses his edges extremely well to change angles to reflect the opposing forward. His stick always out poke checking while doing this. Looked like a guy from a tier above joined the game to play. He has above average size for a 97 nevermind a 98. Mentally he looks like he is 3 steps ahead, constantly predicting what will happen. This kid is so complete is going to be scary how good this kid is going to be. This looks like a sure fire NHL star. Its a real treat watching guys like that. I honestly believe he would fit into the OHL right this second. At times he made me feel like he was bored with how easy everything is for him.