Thread: Speculation: Luongo thread continued...
View Single Post
Old
11-26-2012, 06:34 AM
Bourne Endeavor
HFBoards: Night's Watch

vCash: 107
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverback91 View Post
Bryzgalov is still a major upgrade for Toronto. I'd still consider him a top 10-5 NHL goalie right now unless he has another forgettable year like last. But 3 of his last 5 years being at .920+ sv% right now keeps him up there for me even though I'm sure Phoenix has a lot to do with his numbers ala Mike Smith.

Plus Leafs dump Komisarek in the deal without giving up top players/prospect/picks

However it is that contract that is the x factor since its still to be seen if he is a product of Tippet's defensive system or not. I think he's as good as his career average of 2.50 gaa .915 sv% on a team thats not run and gun. But because of that contract, that basically takes away any value he has.
Honestly, he is not. Bryzgalov has no business being ranked anywhere near the top ten. His stats are very evident of Tippet's system, in addition he is heavily reliant on a defensive style to fortify his numerous weaknesses. Toronto is anything but defensively and I doubt Carlyle does much to deviate from that. Once you factor in the contract, he is easily one of the worst acquisitions for the Leafs.

The second is decent however I doubt San Jose bothers.