View Single Post
Old
11-26-2012, 08:52 AM
pensrule2011

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 13 HockeyTown 40 View Post
That's what I don't like. If I'm developing a GRINDER, I want him to develop mainly in the defensive and skating stats but in NHL 13, my young 3.5 star grinders will have WAY too good offensive stats, like 5 star shooting or puck skills. I know there were flaws with the letter system, but I enjoyed having some type of control over my prospects (playing time and performance mattered, choosing what you want them to progress in, etc.). Also it's pointless to manually draft after the 2nd round because you know you won't find any gems, unlike in 12 where it was possible and exciting to see if you found a gem. And lastly with the star system, prospects take FOREVER to progress in the AHL and won't get any where near their full potential until they reach 25 (which makes sense for some prospects but not EVERY prospect). Honestly it seems like EA created the entire star potential system at the last possible minute because it doesn't resemble the natural progression of prospects whatsoever.
I think next year they should create a system combining the benefits of the letter system where the player could be strong in certain areas, and in the star system where it would even out the stats so you don't have a sniper with 90s in shooting but low 70s in skating.