View Single Post
Old
11-26-2012, 08:54 AM
Chapin Landvogt
Hockey's Future Staff

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by StrongIslanders90 View Post
good point.... I dont know why but i have this hunch that our pick is going to e Pulock...No reason for me to think that other than a feeling...
Ya, looks like he's got a lot to offer, and not just statistically.

I had a chance to talk to him once and he made a very humble, positive and level-headed impression. Seemed to be a guy who knows just where he stands, what he's got to offer and how to stay within himself in completing his job on the ice.

Quote:
Lindholm is interesting he could be one of the best fowards to come out... if your picking in the top 10 your getting a good player/prospect...
Quote:
Originally Posted by YashinWorksHard
Elias Lidholm is a much better prospect than Forsberg was last year, he is a center but right now he is playing in the LW with Calle Jamrok as a center in the second line. He will be a super pick with a #10 selection, but is the same kind of player that Strome so .. i think we need other type of players, anyways if you pick BPA, Lidholm will be the BPA with a 10-15 pick.
He's gotten a lot of positive attention from the Swedish press and people have really been bringing up the name Forsberg at times, and I'm talking 'Peter'. Looking at things statistically, we're talking about a kid who will first turn 18 in six days and he's already second on his team in scoring in one of the top men's leagues around. Only Detroit prospect Calle Jarnkrok is ahead of him.

I'd like to add that the SEL is, seen in its entirety, a relatively lower-scoring league. Of the topscorers, only 4 are scoring at even a PPG clip.

Elias has 5-11-16 (26th in the league) and a -2 in 26 games, 4 of which were spent just about entirely on the bench (didn't really take a somewhat regular shift until game 5 or 6). He's a righty shot and has been getting some PP time. He's definitely one to follow.

With a big WJC, he might even really gain some clout with the scouts. I think (not sure) he may still be eligible for the U-18 as well.

Speaking of the WJC, I've gotta wonder how especially the Canadian media coverage will look, considering Ufa, Russia is a bit off the beaten track. There'll be a big time difference and just about every team is going to feel farrrrrr from home.