View Single Post
Old
11-26-2012, 09:40 AM
markrander87

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Officer Farva View Post
I'm not sure where you are going with that seeing as the tried the chemistry part in 2010, the first year of the losing streak.

Bringing someone who deserves to be there, who has chemistry with someone, like Drouin, is not the same as bringing someone for "Chemistry", like with Henrique (was not deserving "at the time" over others) and Nemisz in 2010. Sure, they had Chemistry with Hall playing together in Windsor, but that didn't mean anything once the tournament started, which we found out quickly.

These are not rec league players, they know how to play off of each other, and 3 weeks is enough time for these players to gel.
That's your example? Canada lost in OT to the US in the Gold medal game after beating them in the round robin. Agreed Nemisz and Henrique didn't work out but as per my post i'm referring to Drouin with Mackinnon.

Why if Drouin was say on the bubble for the 13th forward position with Monahan would they not take the forward who has proven chemistry with Mackinnon.

Also 3 weeks is not enough time for players to "gel". Sure they will have a system in place, but in terms of instinctually knowing where your linemate could be on the ice is not obtained in 3 weeks of ice time.