View Single Post
Old
11-26-2012, 09:51 AM
Bender
TheHockeyProspector

vCash: 7658
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freudian View Post
To be fair to both of them, they were here during bad stretches for the team in general and were asked to do too much. Both of them had problems defensively (Barrie was taking too many hits and Elliott didn't seem comfortable with the physical game).

I think both of them should still be considered long term projects and I guess that's why Avs signed all those marginal defensemen this summer. So we wouldn't have to recall Elliott/Barrie whenever a NHL defender got injured. If both of them spend a full season in the AHL, it's not going to hurt them.
Very true, good post.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mouse21 View Post
ive watched quite a bit of LEM lately, Elliot has been pretty bad while Barrie is commonly the best player on the ice
You are absolutely right. However, it's still much too early to be making any forecasts with either of these guys.

We really don't know what's been said to either guy. Perhaps the Avs told Elliott specifically that he needed to work 100% on his defensive game while they gave Barrie the 'green light' to go offensively as much as he wanted to?

Perhaps they've identified that they want to keep Elliott long-term and use Barrie as a bargaining chip down the line to improve the big club? I'm not saying it's the right move to make but I wouldn't be surprised if that was actually the case. Whether it's one or the other, I don't see the Avs carrying both of these guys on their main roster long-term.

Bender is online now   Reply With Quote