Old
11-26-2012, 10:59 AM
squidz*
dun worry he's cool

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarick View Post
So...were we wrong about Dumba?

Drafted as an offensive defenseman but putting up worse numbers than last year.

Playing more of a defensive game this year or just not playing well and not seeing the ice as much?
"Offensive defenseman" can be a bad term. Dumba is more of a puck rusher than a puck mover, or just a shooter.

He's putting up lesser offensive numbers this year, but his team is just bad offensively. They're third worst in the WHL in goals per game with only 2.60. That's about 10% worse than last year's figure for the team (they did finish fourth worst in the WHL last year). He's still by far the team's highest scoring defenseman and is only 3 points behind the team lead for points.

I've tried to ask the prospects board a few times if he's playing normal minutes again (instead of those impressive, but bad for development 30+ minute games) but haven't had a response. I have heard that he's outperforming expectations in the defensive zone.

I'd say he was drafted less to be an "offensive defenseman" and more to be a high energy player who can also bring offensive pressure from the blue line. If he were being outperformed offensively by other defensemen on his team, I might start getting concerned, but as it is I have no worries about his performance in the offensive end right now.

squidz* is offline   Reply With Quote