View Single Post
Old
11-26-2012, 11:04 AM
Atomos2
Auston 20:16

vCash: 543
Quote:
Originally Posted by markrander87 View Post
That's your example? Canada lost in OT to the US in the Gold medal game after beating them in the round robin. Agreed Nemisz and Henrique didn't work out but as per my post i'm referring to Drouin with Mackinnon.

Why if Drouin was say on the bubble for the 13th forward position with Monahan would they not take the forward who has proven chemistry with Mackinnon.

Also 3 weeks is not enough time for players to "gel". Sure they will have a system in place, but in terms of instinctually knowing where your linemate could be on the ice is not obtained in 3 weeks of ice time.
It's not about that. Obviously chemistry would be nice to have. But in a tournament like this, if a line doesn't produce immediate results, they are going to change up the players pretty quickly and then that whole "chemistry thing" gets thrown out the window. What you're left with are players individually not as skilled or as experienced as the ones you could have brought over.

I agree that Drouin and Mackinnon would be a great luxury to have and they fit the bill of guys with chemistry likely to put up immediate results and I hope they take a look at it. But judging by Hockey Canada standards, they rarely think "outside the box". So I think Drouin won't make the team despite how much I want him to.