View Single Post
Old
11-26-2012, 10:20 AM
markrander87

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atomos2 View Post
It's not about that. Obviously chemistry would be nice to have. But in a tournament like this, if a line doesn't produce immediate results, they are going to change up the players pretty quickly and then that whole "chemistry thing" gets thrown out the window. What you're left with are players individually not as skilled or as experienced as the ones you could have brought over.

I agree that Drouin and Mackinnon would be a great luxury to have and they fit the bill of guys with chemistry likely to put up immediate results and I hope they take a look at it. But judging by Hockey Canada standards, they rarely think "outside the box". So I think Drouin won't make the team despite how much I want him to.
That's my point though. It's such a short tournament so how and when are you suppose to know if a line has gelled or not? A duo like MacKinnon-Drouin doesn't come around that often, it would be a terrible decision to not have them both on the team. Again....proven chemistry. We don't have to wait 2-3 games to see if they'll play well together.