Old
11-26-2012, 10:39 AM
LadyStanley
Elasmobranchology-go

vCash: 500
http://aol.sportingnews.com/nhl/stor...medium=twitter

SBJ story on antsy sponsors.

Quote:
“National sponsors will eventually have to move their dollars because they have to sell soap, beer or whatever,” said Peter Luukko, president and CEO of Comcast-Spectacor, which owns the Philadelphia Flyers and the Wells Fargo Center. “Locally, there’s more loyalty, sponsor-wise, and not as many choices, though obviously we don’t take them for granted.”
“If I was a company being courted by the NHL today, or if I was advising a company being courted, I would be concerned,” said Michael Neuman, the managing partner at Scout Sports and Entertainment, the agency for Geico, which has league sponsorship rights, and around 20 complementary NHL team deals. ...

Sponsors have clauses in their NHL contracts granting relief in the event of a work stoppage, reportedly after at least one quarter of the 82-game regular season is not played. Two weeks ago, MolsonCoors, the NHL’s largest sponsor, cited the lockout as one reason for lagging beer sales in Canada. The brewer said it will ask for financial compensation when the lockout ends. Neuman and others credited NHL chief operating officer John Collins, who declined to comment through a spokeswoman, for his transparency with sponsors during this lockout. But despite the open communication, the lockout is now beginning to affect important activation platforms, and may cause NHL licensees to miss the entire holiday shopping season.

LadyStanley is offline   Reply With Quote