Brent Burns
Marc-Edouard Vlasic

"Very Unilkely"
Joe Thornton
Logan Couture
Joe Pavelski
Patrick Marleau
Jason Demers

Burns and Vlasic are my only true untouchables. Burns is the young, all-around #1D we desperately needed with Boyle declining. Vlasic is the type of player that is worth a million times more to the team who has him than he'd fetch in a trade.

Thornton and Marleau will probably not be traded as they have roots in SJ (wives, kids, etc) and NMCs. The only way I trade Thornton or Pavelski is if either they request a trade, they intimate that they aren't interested in re-signing in SJ after their contracts are up in Summer 2014 (I have a weird feeling Pavs won't, hope I'm wrong), or we have a chance to send them to a contender for a great futures package. Marleau, I'd trade if we got a really good return, but honestly, I don't think he'd ever waive his NMC. Couture I'd only trade if we were getting a better young forward than Couture in return. I'd be very hesitant to move Demers because I believe his upside is through the roof and he wouldn't get good value after the season he just had.

Boyle has been supplanted by Burns, I'd trade him for reasonable return. I'd trade Clowe for a younger 2nd line forward or a really good top-6 prospect. I don't think Havlat will be moved because he's a great fit and not in high demand, but I wouldn't be opposed to moving him. Murray should be gone for picks. Stuart won't waive. Niemi might be gone when Alex Stalock is ready, which could be as soon as next year.

As for prospects, there's no untouchables, but you'd be hard pressed to get me to move Tomas Hertl. I love watching him play and I'm really high on Hertl, as I'm sure SJ management is. Anyone else is potentially available.

I think that's all.
Yup. I agree with this.

Hatrick Marleau is offline   Reply With Quote