11-26-2012, 12:08 PM
swimmer77
Post Oates

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by uiCk View Post
http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=410069

Probably already posted/argued.
pretty obvious Hammer doesn't care much about the negotiations as an entity and seems to only care about his contract and end of career. Which is fine, but i don't really understand how he's a "hero" in so many fan's eyes, since what motivated his public outing his is his own greed towards his own remaining short career. it's pretty obvious, especially given such jealous influenced comments like:
""I'm a little bit disappointed in what he said. What I do know is he has three years left on his contract and I'm sure he got a nice signing bonus this summer, so I don't think he didn't have to sacrifice anything. So good for him, good agent.""

edit: brouwer's comment on the comment:
""Those are two guys that have never been on a conference call, never been to a meeting, never paid attention," Brouwer told The Post. "People are going to have their own opinions but when you're fighting for something with 700 other guys, all you're doing is just making it harder to make a deal and making it harder to accomplish the things we're fighting for."
If you actually read the interview in it's entirety it's quite interesting. Why does Hamrlik not have a right to an opinion? He said himself he may be selfish. He actually said he was at a meeting in the summer where the "gameplan" was layed out. My perception is that what was sold to the players isn't coming to fruition and that's what Hamr sees. And even here today a solution doesn't seem nearby.

Hamrlik isn't a hero. He's just a player who was pretty frank and honest about his feelings and had the gumption to speak about it. It also sounds like he voiced his ideas to Cole and Gorges and the results didn't sound too productive for him so he took another route, stepped on some precious toes and got somebody's attention.

Meanwhile another faction of players Tweet, make their own false accusations, bash on a personal level, make goofy hats and act with a basic immaturity that I'm somewhat surprised at. And now others are telling Hamr he has no right to speak because they think he's not informed. To say he is not informed sounds like a big assumption to me.