View Single Post
Old
11-26-2012, 11:27 AM
Snotbubbles

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiskeyBoarder View Post
I am a diehard Eagles fan living in the Redskins-viewing area.

I have watched every Skins game this year, and listen to DC sports radio during long commutes from work. In other words, I feel confident that I have gathered sufficient data to analyze RG3. Not saying that my judgement offers any value; only that the the data is true.

And this kid is the real deal.

He is NOT Mike Vick or McNabb. His mechanics, accuracy, and reads are just so very slightly below Luck's. And I would say his competitiveness and intelligence eventually puts him above Luck in in those categories with time. He has the drive and sense to fix where he presently lacks.

He is NOT a running quarterback. Kyle Shanahan runs a gimmicky offense because his QB is athletic enough to exploit it. But, here's the thing: RG3 is a better passer than he is a runner. I am not sure that ever was the case with Vick, et. al.

RG3 is for real. If the Skins get Orakpo and Carriker back, and draft/FA to bolster their OL, they are going to be a scary team. For years to come.
Fortunate for us, the Skins still have an $18M cap penalty next year and they don't have a 1st round draft pick until 2015. Gonna be tough to fill those holes for a few years.