View Single Post
Old
11-26-2012, 11:29 AM
Atomos2
BLUE NOISE

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by markrander87 View Post
That's my point though. It's such a short tournament so how and when are you suppose to know if a line has gelled or not? A duo like MacKinnon-Drouin doesn't come around that often, it would be a terrible decision to not have them both on the team. Again....proven chemistry. We don't have to wait 2-3 games to see if they'll play well together.
Chemistry is part of it, and I'm sure they are looking into it. But so many other factors need to be put into play. Playing on bigger ice surface kinda changes a players instincts of knowing where the others gonna be. Plus factors like performing in pressure situations, handling momentum swings...I mean, I'm all for putting Drouin and Mackinnon on the team, but typically, 17 yr olds haven't been all that stellar in the past several WJC's. So looking at it from team Canada's perspective I could see it being hard for them to have one of their lines made up of primarily 17 yr olds.

But if it were me, I'd def put them on the team with Huberdeau, they definitely had chemistry and incredible offensive potential.