Thread: Proposal: Washington-Boston
View Single Post
Old
11-26-2012, 11:46 AM
Oates2Neely

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Vezina Thomas View Post
Definitely wouldn't trade Seguin for Backstrom at this point, Boston has invested too much in him and hes become one of the city's biggest sports stars. Backstrom is better at this point, but I think the difference will be negligible in the next couple years. I see Seguin as an 80-90 point goal scoring center and Backstrom more of a point producing 80-90 point center. I know Backstrom put up 101 points in 09-10, but I think #8 had just a TAD of an influence on that. If he doesnt get back to form, Backstrom/Seguin will have similar output IMO.

As a Boston fan I do the OP in a heartbeat, even tho the Caps wouldnt. Krejci gets replaced easily (and much more) by Backstrom and Marchand is expendable if it means acquiring Backstrom.

Bergeron is not better than Backstrom, but Bergeron is not getting traded. I'd be curious to see what Chiarelli would do if Bergeron was the centerpiece of a deal for Backstrom, Bergy means so much to the team/city/fans/etc. that I'm honestly not sure the Bruins would do it.
I see lots of undervaluing Marchand by Boston fans. I really see big things for the kid, 30g 30a with regularity. And he also brings intensity. He plays a large part in Boston's offense. Losing Krejci AND Marchand is a non-starter for me.

Oates2Neely is offline   Reply With Quote