View Single Post
Old
11-26-2012, 01:18 PM
Halibut

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Replacement View Post
I think a lot of the success also has to do with the Chads, with some quick iso's and great schemes where they get dangerous targets in man on man situations and let them break tackles from there. Neither Chad is stoppable with one on one coverage. These guys are proving to be gamebreakers. That said Ray was finding the quick hit stuff excellently the last half dozen games. Had I seen that here on any regular basis the last half dozen years I'd be a Ray fan.

Turned out that a veteran 10year QB needed a whole lot more coaching guidance then one would expect. The results and dividends now paying off.
That's the exact same game he played here. Calvin Mccarthy made a living off those quick little dump passes. All of our running backs had to be able to catch the ball more than run it because we used those quick dumps whenever he was under pressure. Ray never had a problem making those little plays and gaining yardage. The biggest problem we had was an oline that was full of holes and an inability to punch the football into the endzone.

Ray lead the league in passing yards in 08 and 09 and was consistently near the top of the league throughout his tenure. I didnt see anything in the Grey Cup from Ricky that he wasnt showing while he was here. You are absolutely right that he's well coached in Toronto and the team has been built well. They've put together the pieces that the Eskimos couldnt and it's a condemnation of the current and past organization that have let the team fall so low.