View Single Post
Old
11-26-2012, 03:04 PM
Pondslider

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beechsack View Post
I wasn't implying that Fitz is Kelly, or Miller for that matter. It's the larger point; the most popular guy in town is the backup.

This is not a good team with Fitz. It's a worse team with Jackson. That's my logic.

Put your best team on the field every week. Don't tank for draft picks. If you want to make the argument that Jackson is BETTER than Fitz, and that's why he should start, then ok. I'll listen to that. Probably won't agree, but it's reasonable.

Saying Jackson should start because 'it can't be any worse' is a non starter for me.
I don't know if Jackson is better because I haven't seen him play in this system. I think just looking at their stats they're very similar. I think Fitzpatrick has difficulty making routine throws and that another QB without Fitzpatrick's mechanical issues might have more success making those throws. More of those completions, leads to longer drives, leads to more points. At least in theory. Maybe Jackson wouldn't be successful here, but I think it's insane to do the same thing over and over and expect something new to happen and I don't see the harm in trying something new.