View Single Post
Old
11-26-2012, 03:10 PM
Grind
Stomacheache AllStar

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gump Hasek View Post
We can have differing opinions as to his future, I'm fine with that.

I'd arbitrarily put a timeline on him because he manages the puck poorly; I'm guessing that is exactly why he was in Noel's doghouse for parts of last year as NHL coaches put a premium on players that perform as instructed. NHL hockey is all about maintenance of possession. He won't be granted much more time to learn on the job I'm betting. He has lots of skill but the fact that he weighs but 175 pounds soaking wet and that he has been unable to manage the puck properly to date both work against him. Deciding to move in a different direction has exactly nothing to do with spite, FYI.
That makes more sense, it just initially read like "top 6 or bust". That being said I don't entirely agree with you on burmi's inability to be trusted, i think even with his puck distro problems he'd still do very well in a bottom 6 role. I also thought there were several members of our bottom six who were even less adept at boardplay/physicality then burmi.

As for how important that is/management sees it, lets remember, this is the management team that did sign Tanner Glass and wanted to resign him.