View Single Post
Old
11-26-2012, 02:11 PM
Huffer

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob E View Post
Well count me in the 'disappointed in his AHL stint, so far' group (which I'm sure u have )

Its a results oriented business, Burmi needs to show he can deliver more than others wanting a top 6 or 9 spot. Jets management will not wait forever. Maybe 2 more yrs, as ps would like to see, if there is continual growth and development. I'm hopeful he hasn't plateaued.

And... If the Jets draft a premiere center in 2013 draft (a Mackinnon or Barkov or Monahan or Lindholm), which they might, depending on where they pick, that adds more competition for Burmi at center. His future might be as a winger.
IMO, we can be disappointed in his AHL point production so far, AND still be bullish on his future.

I'm just trying to say it doesn't have to be one of the other.

Maybe he makes it, and maybe he doesn't. But as PS241 indicated, only 1 of the 22 players selected after him in the first round of his draft have played more than 10 NHL games.

I'm sure that Minnesota can't wait to see Granlund. And Phoenix can't wait for Gormley. Same with Schwartz, Tarasenko, Hishon, Watson, Bjugstad, Tinordi, Etem, Kuznetsov, Nelson, Howden, etc.

It's as if getting rushed to the NHL before you are ready is a double whammy. Not only can it hurt your development, but if you don't bust out right out of the gate it seems like you're afforded less patience than other prospects playing in Juniors or Europe.