View Single Post
Old
11-26-2012, 02:46 PM
Paradise
Individual thinker

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweech View Post
I'm really hoping we have some of our pro scouting staff doing some prospect scouting this year while there's no NHL hockey.

I think we have a solid pro scouting staff, their track record with low-key signings impresses me. While I think our prospect scouting staff leaves a little to be desired.

What concerns me the most is it seems like a lot of the high end prospects and a lot of the depth of this draft is in leagues that aren't our forte, the QMJHL and Europe. This is a pretty down year for the OHL and the WHL is hovering around average.

Hopefully we're able to get adequate scouting in those areas and really maximize the opportunity this team has. A lottery draft could put us in a better position than we would have been in plus we have 4 picks in the top 60 and 6 picks in the top 90.

We really need to maximize what is being considered a fairly deep draft year.
Completely agree Sweech. There seems to be a lot of quality and depth in the QMJHL and Europe this year. The WHL, OHL and College all seem to lack in some way or another (depth, high end, etc). Let's hope the Jets scouting staff puts in the time in all the leagues anyways.