View Single Post
Old
11-26-2012, 04:42 PM
Pantherfan12

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jakethesnake23 View Post
Yes its so easy to say that in hindsight, but as to the point of "nobody thought he was gonna resign", the majority of fans for the majority of the year believed he would resign and were in fact offended at the suggestion that he wouldn't. Maybe towards the end of the season and into the offseason many fans' opinions changed but certainly not throughout most the regular season.
I think the majority of fans "Wanted" him to resign but no one really knew whether he would or not. I Just don't remember hearing him on any interview talking about how he wants to retire a Panther. I also don't get why people were offended by him leaving? He had every right to test free agency. He didn't pull a Bo,where he went back and forth and then just split, he chose to go to FA.
Also, side note I guess, but I don't think it will hurt us not having him back there. While I think he had an outstanding season last season, and he was a good defender, I think he wasn't as great as people made him out to be and he didn't deserve all the hype. Yes, he's good and I don't have hard feelings towards him or hate him, but he had one great season amoungst mediocre-good seasons. If he can keep producing like he did when paired with Campbell, I'll eat my words but for now I don't see him repeating.

Pantherfan12 is offline   Reply With Quote