View Single Post
Old
11-26-2012, 03:42 PM
Vankiller Whale
And so it begins

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverback91 View Post
Proposed something similar in the Lou thread on the main board and Toronto fans were all for it.

Tweaked it a bit before asking SJ fans and so far value wise they say its fair but they don't like Lou's contract. Now I made one last tweak.

To SJ:
Roberto Luongo
Clarke MacArthur

To TOR:
Antti Niemi
Mason Raymond

To VAN:
Ryan Clowe
Leafs 2nd in 13
SJ 2nd in 13

thoughts?

We get a top pwf and a couple picks while saving almost 4M in cap space. With how the recent proposals see the cap stay at 72M this year while dropping to something like 62M next year, shedding 4M now helps for next year so we do not have to pull a SJ and deal Edler for a fringe prospect and a 2nd, or sell off our depth like CHI.

This puts us at around 64M for this season, with Malhotra and Alberts coming off the books at the end of the year (3.6M) and Edler, Clowe, Higgins, Lapierre to re-sign, Tanev and Lack RFAs. Cap goes down Edler won't get more than 5.5M, I see us keeping one of Clowe or Higgins due to the cap as both would come back at around the same salary (so promoting Jensen/Kassian) everyone else gets small raises which would keep us around that 63-64M which would be over the supposed drop to 62M with no rollbacks
San Jose makes out like bandits, I think. Although if you want to go all out...

Schneider, Kesler, and Raymond(or Hansen if absolutely neccessary) for Pavelski and Couture.