View Single Post
Old
05-25-2006, 12:36 PM
hawksfan50

vCash: 500
My Hawks' "Fantasy" Draft & Alternatives

After reading THE HOCKEY NEWS Draft 2006 Issue and looking at their Top 100 ranking-I realize that they are way off base on some rankings or prospects they did not even rank in the Top 100 (for instance they have Codey Burki lasting to #42 and Riku Helenius to #46,Trevor Lewis to #77--and they don't rank Keith Seabrook or Jaimie McBain in the top 100)...

However for fun I composed this "fantasy" draft for the Hawks based on their Top 100 (so they guy I pick in the Hawks' slots is still on the board or unranked in the top 100 by them,OR if the pick is after #100 I was free to select anyone else).

Hawks' Fantasy Draft:

#3-C-Jonathan Toews,U. North Dakota,WCHA (agrees with THN ranking)
#33-G-Riku Helenius,Ilves FIN
#58-C-Trevor Lewis,Des Moines USHL
#92-D-Jaimie McBain -USNDTP
#93-D-Jonas Junland,Linkopings Jrs,SWE (not in THN Top 100)
#96-RW-Andreas Nodl (still bfore where THN has him)
#108-D-Keith Seabrook
#153-RW-Dario Buergler,ZUG Jr,SUI
#166-C-Jonas Enlund ,IFK jrs,FIN
#183-C-David McIntyre,Newmarket OPJRA

Of course the above will not happen (even if the Hawks took all of my selections)
because Helenius won't be around at #33 ....My next pick at #33 would be (C)Codey Burki,Brandon WHL--but he too IMO will go mid-late first round and won't be on the board at #33...also I doubt that both McBain and Seabrook will make it to round 4 for the Hawks to pick (the Hawks do not have a third rounder)--it is possible that Junland makes it to #93,but given the Hawks bad luck,I also think not...

Therefore I came up with a more REALISTIC DRAFT that is more possible if the Hawks mirrored by suggested picks:

#3-C- Jonathan Toews
#33-C-Trevor Lewis
#58 -D-Jonas Junland
#92-G-Jeff Zatkoff -Miami University
#93-RW-Dario Buergler
#96-C-Jonas Enlund
#108-D-Marco Maurer-Zug Jrs.SUI
#153-C-David MCintyre-Newmarket OPJRA
#166-RW-Matt Robertson,Prince Albert Mintoes SASK Midget AAA
#183-G-Lee Austin,Bloominto-Jefferson USHS

hawksfan50 is offline   Reply With Quote