View Single Post
Old
11-26-2012, 04:17 PM
SeriousFan09

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by overlords View Post
Would love the dogs in Laval. I'd go to quite a few games. Maybe season tickets.
I don't think it works that well. A new building means a demand to recoup the expense, which likely translates to higher-than-normal ticket prices for AHL. My friend tells me it's about 40$ for a good seat in Ricoh in Toronto, I can easily imagine charging 30$+ for a Laval AHL Team in a new barn. That's a bit pricey for the A if you ask me and that's without considering higher concession prices as well + possible event parking prices.

Also, you've got the lousy issue of playing in essentially, competition to the Habs. They're going to be playing often on the same nights and let's be honest, seeing a bit of the future is nice but it is really about the Habs. People will stay home or be at bars watching the Habs over seeing a handful of potential future Habs.

Also to consider, you've got the lean talent years issue. The Bulldogs are going to have soft years for quality of the team and having seen the Bulldogs at both ends of their spectrum, brutal AHL teams are a nasty sell.

They tried with the Sherbrooke Canadiens and the Quebec Citadelles in the past. Not sure why things would be different today.