View Single Post
Old
11-26-2012, 05:00 PM
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by coldsteelonice84 View Post
That guy at the beginning of the thread comparing Eller to Bolland made me facepalm.
To be fair, Bolland is older, plays on a better team and probably gets better linemates. His career high is 19 goals. Eller scored 16. Now, neither is a star but to compare Eller to Bolland now is wrong, but to say Eller could be a Bolland type player isn't entirely out of the picture.

Bolland played the supporting cast well in Chicago's cup run and now he's amazing. Eller's current progression would indicate that he'll be on Bolland's level very soon. Bolland can agitate with the best of them, while Eller possess top 6 forward hands. Furthermore, Eller provides more physicality than Bolland. It's something the habs need. They don't need an agitator who skates by players. I know it's not Bolland for Eller, just stating. One thing Eller needs to improve on is faceoffs. Cause right now, the difference between Eller and Bolland is pretty great. Faceoffs are very key, too

As for Shattenkirk. He'd be great. Already established puck moving dman. In 2-3 years, he, or another puck mover would be shipped out to get a physical dman, or a big 3rd line centre who can score...

Shattenkirk is great and St. Louis is thrilled to have him and as they should. The Chicago fan is thrilled to have Bolland and has he should. I'm thrilled to have Eller and watch him continue to progress at the rate he is.

Analyzer is offline   Reply With Quote