View Single Post
Old
11-26-2012, 05:19 PM
darrylsittler27

vCash: 500
The big picture.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leaf Rocket View Post
All hail Bryan Murray, the one who won the stanley cup in in 2006-2007 with the Ottawa Senators and is the current president and general manager of the Toronto Maple Leafs.

Wait a second....my Hfboard senses tell me this is the Toronto Maple Leaf Board, and the guy who actually made it was Brian Burke! That's not all but he ripped of Bryan Murray of Kadri instead giving them Cowen who is out yet again for another season with another injury in his young career. Oh my god he signed Brett Lebad and traded him for actually players who produced for our team!? No really!!!?!? Wait you are telling me he also signed a player away from his original team and then sent him back to that same team for pieces that this organization didn't have? Go figure.
We finished 5th worst last year despite changing almost every piece of the puzzle.We still don't have a number one center(anywhere) and if Reimer stumbles,look out below.Phaneuff is not a number one Dman(Maybe a number 2) and our team is built around a high flying winger.While Burke wins most of his trades,he doesn't fix the underlying problem of design.He also did a horriblle job with free agents.When Burke arrived we were the 7th worst team,last year we regressed and broke a record for home losing streak.If Wilson is to blame,then Burke stubbornly held onto him too long. Then throw in overpayment for Kessel who we really didnt need at that time and you have a GM treading water and a team that still isn't going anywhere.Somewhere Burke slipped up in his "plan" because the truth is this team really isn't any better despite his trades.