View Single Post
Old
11-26-2012, 06:11 PM
Rocko604

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny LaRue View Post
I think we all hope this. We need the Argos to be a viable franchise. Go Argos! For the good of the beloved CFL!

On the anti-CFL comment, I still think the player-quality is a little overstated. We have a lot of phenomenal athletes in the CFL. I think we need to improve the quality of CFL athletes by having a more advanced university system in this country. My one regret about going to UVIC is that we didn't have a football or hockey team. I would have loved to watched some football with my fellow students.
What would you suggest?

I've been keeping an eye on SFU, and their transition into NCAA Division 2. While obviously not FBS, or FCS for that matter, there is the argument that it is stronger than CIS. While i'm not suggesting that SFU is going to steal away recruits from the likes of Laval or McMaster just yet, I would like to think that in a few years they'll put themselves in the position to be to get the best of the best in Canada. Exception of course being those that can get Div 1 scholarships. They've been getting better every year too, so that's encouraging to see. 5-6 overall, 4-6 conference this season.

Scholarship rules in Division 2 are different as well. They're only able to use 36 scholarships for football. How they use them, whether they give out full rides or split all of them, is up to the school. FBS gets 85.

Last point, bring back the Shrum Bowl!!