View Single Post
Old
11-26-2012, 06:23 PM
Dellstrom
The new age

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Killer B View Post
Maybe it's just me, but I don't think Backstrom & Krecji are that far apart...

Krecji playing on a "D" first team and Backstrom playing (for years) on a "wide open"
club (and Backstrom playing on a vastly superior power play).

I think if you swapped Backstrom & Krejci - you would see Krejci's number shoot up
(playing with Ovi) and Backstrom's numbers drop...
You probably would see Krejci's numbers rise and Backstrom's fall, but not by a huge amount...

Krejci is a good defensively, he kills penalties in Claude's system. That counts for a lot. But he plays even strength with Lucic and Horton. Even on a defensive-minded team, that's a pretty offensive based line. The 2nd, 3rd, and 4th lines are MUCH more defensive-minded than the first. Especially with Chara usually on the ice at the same time as the first line, a lot of defensive responsibilities are taken away from them. Putting him on a more offensive-minded team and adding an elite winger, who, when on his game, has proven he's one of the best, will certainly boost his offensive totals... But Backstrom is in a completely different league than Krejci. I'm a Bruins fan and love Krejci to pieces but that's a ridiculous statement.

Dellstrom is offline   Reply With Quote