View Single Post
Old
11-26-2012, 07:20 PM
Montecristo

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 24giovanni View Post
Would you guys do Lester for Wil Myers from KCR?

http://www.kansascity.com/2012/11/26...and-front.html
He looks like a good player doing a quick stat check, but no, not straight up. Lester even with a bad year is in his prime, young, durable and is a front of the rotation starter with a track record in the big leagues. too many prospects don't work out as they should (lars anderson, matt laporta (so far). The sox could look really dumb if they trade away a sure thing in lester for an unproven albeit promising young outfielder. Both teams would have to add i think for the sox to be comfortable pulling this trade off. I think alex gordon would have to come back as well from the royals and the sox would need to move a catcher. I say lavarnway but the royals would probably want salty. monte the GM would probably do that. worst case scenario they get a ML everyday OF in gordon in giving up lester and best case they get 2 with myers. It also opens up an oppurtunity to flip the now deep outfield core for starting pitching, (ellsbury, brentz, kalish, bradley junior).

Straight up, i'd probably do ellsbury though for myers. He's walking, or at least testing free agency next fall (most likely walking though) and myers could be an OF of the future under team control for several years. while lester is signed a few more years to a team friendly deal and is the teams 1 or 2 guy.