Thread: Speculation: Luongo thread continued...
View Single Post
Old
11-26-2012, 07:33 PM
Liferleafer
RIP Mrs Doubtfire

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleach Clean View Post
No, I don't think you get to dismiss this as easily as that LL. This is the problem sometimes with this forum. You put the question out there, looking for others to do the research, and then dismiss the results out of hand. All it does is discourage the next person from verifying their information.

My opinion of Burke took a severe hit when he failed to bring in _any_ steady option. Be it to pay the heavy price of the elite, or the failure to evaluate talent in FA or even on waivers. Basically, he failed in every capacity. That's his legacy. And it's a legacy verified through research.
Ok...didn't know i was dismissing anything. What shall i do? Thanks for the research i guess.Listen, i"d like Luongo here, but if the price stands at what Gillis has posted, than it doesn't matter how Burke values goaltenders because the price is to dam high. Why isn't Tallon an idiot, or Yzerman? These guys didn't pony up either. At some point you are going to have to admit that the price is to high. I'm not denying your right to feel the way you do about Burke, but don't try to convince anyone it's his stupborness or inability that had kept him from landing Luongo...it is the price. If any GM thought Luongo held that value...he would not be a Canuck anymore, clearly...they have all spoken by the fact he is still a Canuck.