Thread: Prospect Info: Winnipeg Jets Prospect Thread 2012-13
View Single Post
Old
11-26-2012, 07:33 PM
TCsmyth

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jetkarma View Post
I've said for a while that I believe pairing Kane with Scheifele makes sense for the Jets. Scheifeles game and strengths pair well with Kanes imo. Scheifele has made 2 wingers produce the past 2 years and I don't think it is a coincidence.

We have one shoot first center and one more of the distributing the puck center type , and if you also pair Wheeler with Jokinen you balance the lines well as I see it , as Wheeler is really good as big winger that can and does generate a lot of assists.

This leaves some strong players to complete the lines, Ladd , Little , maybe Burmistrov as RW on the Scheifele line ...but probably Little. This is presuming of course that Mark is ready and from what I see , I think he is to be honest.
I kinda like the idea of Kane with Scheifle also. You guys know those little moments in a game that you rewind the PVR...there was one of those for me during preseason last year. I can't remember the team or defenseman, but someone took a shot at Scheifle at the end of a play behind the net. Kane was immediately in his face with ill intent. Made me kinda think there was a bit of a "don't touch our young guy, or I will Matt Cooke you" moment coming out of Kane. Even though he is only 20 or 21, maybe riding wing for a guy like Scheifle might mature Kane a bit.

Am I reaching with that thought process?