View Single Post
Old
11-26-2012, 07:37 PM
Sinurgy
Embrace Passion

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by awfulwaffle View Post
Not an easy case at all. Look at those running bad businesses, that continue to get large bonuses while their company goes through bankruptcy. Were they really that good to be in their position, only to run the company into the ground, and laugh while they cash a million dollar bonus?
You totally lost me here. I get that you're just frustrated in general but I don't see the connection between poor CEO performance and NHL salaries.

Quote:
There are players out there that deserve a crazy salary, sure, that's just how it goes. But the fact that these *******s are arguing over millions, and crying about making less money than they already are, while there are 10% of this country out of a job, fighting to keep food on the table, is absurd to me, when this is entertainment to others. I have 0 sympathy for the players at this point. If they would have sat down and tried negotiating a lot sooner, my tone might be a bit different, but they are screwing the fans over, the base that pays their salaries.
I agree with your general sentiment, watching millionaires and billionaires squabble over money is disturbing. That said, of the two parties, I don't understand why your ire is directed more towards the millionaires than those who could literally misplace a million and not even notice. Reminds me of that Chris Rock sketch were he talks about rich vs wealthy. Yeah Shaq is rich but the guy who signs Shaq's checks is wealthy. "Ah, here you go, Shaq. Go buy yourself a bouncing car. Bling, bling!"

Sinurgy is offline   Reply With Quote