View Single Post
Old
11-26-2012, 08:42 PM
Leaf Rocket
Leaf Fan Till I Die

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReginKarlssonLehner View Post
LOL, this is Silfverberg and IT'S NOT CLOSE. Lmao, I am extremely confident Silfverberg will be way better than Kadri. How do you guys not know the person who won the MVP in both the regular season in the SEL and the playoffs. Youngest to win MVP since Forsberg and breaking record for most goals in playoffs all-time.

Lmao, no they are not. Silfverberg is one of the most NHL ready prospects out there. He is as polished as they come, excellent in both ends of the ice with arguably the best wrister not in the NHL. Bryan Murray said that last year(Before his dominant SEL year) he was guaranteed a spot in the 3rd line if he stayed.

Do you guys know who Silfverberg is?
It's nice to rooting for your prospect team but it's better to keep things in perspective. As for the Guldhjalmen, yea it's great that he won it but not necessarily does it mean he will adjust to the NHL standards.
2012 - Jakob Silfverberg, Brynäs IF
2011 - Magnus Johansson, Linköpings HC
2010 - Mats Zuccarello Aasen, Modo Hockey
2009 - Johan Davidsson, HV71
2008 - Tony Mårtensson, Linköpings HC
2007 - Fredrik Bremberg, Djurgårdens IF
2006 - Andreas Karlsson, HV71
2005 - Henrik Lundqvist, Frölunda HC
2004 - Magnus Kahnberg, Västra Frölunda HC
2003 - Niklas Andersson, Västra Frölunda HC
2002 - Ulf Söderström, Färjestads BK
2001 - Kristian Huselius, Västra Frölunda HC
2000 - Rikard Franzén, AIK

Those are the MVP for the last 10 years or so, only 3 has touched the NHL level, while one has proven to be consistent. That's none other than Lundqvist, Zuccarello is the other and no he wasn't as consistent. Huselius is the only one who has shown he can progressively increase his skill level however also sort of showed his unlucky injuries. Everyone else in that list...have done nothing. Only time will tell if he can adjust to it, I am rooting for the guy as I like him.

Also for the best wrister not in the NHL comment....yea no. I can name three easily that'll beat him out on the spot. Off the top of my head, Hall in the AHL atm, Tarasenko, and Yakupov in the KHL.