Thread: Speculation: Luongo thread continued...
View Single Post
Old
11-26-2012, 07:58 PM
Liferleafer
Bring on Stome-afin!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleach Clean View Post
Let me get this straight, so the only time the price isn't too high is when Luongo gets dealt? Because at that point, the price is reasonable for _everyone_ correct? Brilliant logic there. So I'm sure Burke can at that point break out the "price was to high for _us_" rhetoric and all is forgiven right? Even when his need is the greatest among all teams. That's what you are saying correct?

Burke is too stubborn, and too out to lunch on goaltenders. He always has been, and is likely to continue to be. The record is there for all to see. In fact, he might still be the Canucks GM if he hadn't been so oblivious and so poor on evaluating goaltenders.

You say it's price, I say it's Burke's perception of that price. Who's right? I point to his long track record of abysmal goaltending acquisitions (and by way of that his omissions), and you have... ? So I'm going to put it to you know, prove to me Burke is a good evaluator of goaltending, and the subsequent price point they entail. Go ahead. Make a case.
Fair enough bleach, your right and i'm wrong. The only reason Burke hasn't dealt Gardiner,our 1st and 2 other young pieces for a 33 year old goalie on a 10 year deal is because he is inept. It has nothing to do with the fact that it's just an overpayment. It has nothing to do with the fact that his team is not ready to make such a deal. I can't prove anything about Burke's goalie aquisitions here...he brought i Gigure...he got hurt. Again, if you thought Osgood or Roloson would have made your franchise...ok. Again, we need a goalie...you are correct. We can not pay Gillis' price for Luongo...guess we will see who does.