View Single Post
Old
11-26-2012, 08:00 PM
14s incisor

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by pseudonymous01 View Post
I agree. But i dont think strength is his only weakness. I think he needs to greatly increase his shot ability AND somewhat his strength to become a top 4. Otherwise, he'll just be a good 5th D. Also not just shot ability, the mindset to shoot too, the guy has been a player who doesn't even think shoot for a long time, he basically looks for any option other than shoot. Its like Bertuzzi after the Moore incident, decided to stay low key and only pass, completely turned him into another player, 1/4th of the player he was. And you can try to chalk that up to Tanev's age but hes been with the moose/wolves for a while now (3 years + nhl experience) and he still isnt' even the player in that league that puts the puck on the net.
This is currently Tanev's 3rd season with the Moose/Wolves (nice quick edit), and all have been short seasons due to callups. Had he been left in the AHL for a full season, and developed some chemistry with his partner/teammates, his points would likely be higher.

He's also improved on his point totals every season. There's absolutely no reason to think he won't continue to improve, and end up being a 20-30 assist (last time I checked, assists were points, too), smart, defensively sound top 4 defender.