View Single Post
Old
11-26-2012, 08:02 PM
worstfaceoffmanever
What's the Pred say?

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Legionnaire11 View Post
same basic premise there, but you still don't fix the biggest flaw in NCAAF which is that not every team has a chance to win a National Championship. Forget that people argue about the validity of the champion in the current system, there is just no way that teams from "weaker" conferences have a chance to win a title. Look at Boise and TCU for proof of that. I'm not saying that if you put New Mexico State in the PAC that they will have a realistic chance at being successful and capturing a championship, but at least the opportunity is there if bizarro world takes over.

Otherwise, if you limit it to 8 conferences, you have to expand to an 8 team playoff between the 8 conference winners. If that doesn't happen, then we're actually taking away any hope at all for the smaller schools.
I don't disagree with you. That's the whole argument for implementing a playoff system anyway (well, that and money). That said, I don't think what they're doing is enough, even if it's the top four teams in the BCS. I want to see a full-blown 24-team tournament like the one they'll have in I-AA next year. Based on this week's BCS rankings (with automatic bids for the conference winners), it would look like this: