View Single Post
Old
11-26-2012, 08:12 PM
arsmaster

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by pseudonymous01 View Post
Painful? Because i disagree with your assessment of a player. So painful.

I have given lots to back up my opinions.

I could list the top 4 of all teams and count the players who lack both those attributes and the list would be extremely short but then you can say that my opinion that its not exactly a good chance he makes it into the top 4 is outrageous and "painful"

Look what Tyler Ennis is doing, if a team had a player of his size on their farm team, do you think they'd think hes got a good shot? No. Its a big uphill battle for player that lack certain attributes

And regarding Vlasic, and like most players you'll mention, they had the ability to put up numbers prior to and during the NHL. Which i mentioned previously, if you put up mediocre numbers and dont have strength, you typically wont be a top 4. Vlasic put up big numbers in junior and on top of that, put up numbers in the nhl

People are arguing my points without reading all my posts
Chris Tanev scored 10 goals and had 28 points in 41 games in his first and only season in NCAA...later that year he played in the Stanley Cup finals, and played well.

The year prior he had 41 points in 50 games in a Junior A league.

I'd say he's made quite the rise, pretty steep development curve, no?

So there is previous production for you.

I like what it say when you look up Chris Tanev on eliteprospects:

Quote:
A defenceman who rose from the NCAA to the Stanley Cup Final in a year. Moves the puck well. Very calm and patient. Needs to bulk up and become tougher.
The bulk and the toughness is your focus obviously, but many are valuing the puck movement, calmness and patience.

I think you need the latter 3 more than the first two to be a top 4 NHL defensman.