View Single Post
Old
05-25-2006, 02:16 PM
tinyzombies

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcrow
Here's a line-up I would like to see. I'll preface it by saying that we should go in the direction of teams like Buffalo, Anaheim, Edmonton, etc... These teams have all given their young players prominent roles and surrounded them with veterans in key positions. As much as I was encouraged by the youth movement of the Habs last season, I feel they did not do enough in that regard.

Kostitsyn - Lang/Arnott(a) - Kovalev
Bertuzzi(b) - Koivu - Ryder
Perezhogin - Plekanec - Higgins
Begin - Chipchura - Murray

Markov - Komisarek
Souray - Kubina(c)
Rivet - Bouillon

Huet
Danis

Note - I am not saying that koivu is a No. 2 centre. I look at this line-up of having more of a 1a - 1b - 2 - 3 feel to it.

Players gone, either as a result of UFA status or to help aquire spots a, b and c:

Bulis, Zednik, Bonk and Ribiero
I would rather see a trade to get our big centerman than settle for either Arnott or Lang, but the pickings are slim, I'll admit. I doubt Chipchura's skating is good enough for the NHL yet.

Higgins is not a right winger and Perez is not a left winger.

I am not a big Bertuzzi fan, but that looks like a very good combination. I wouldn't mind seeing that line at all. Bert's work down low would take a lot of burden off Koivu as well. What did we trade to get him btw?

I love Kubina. Exactly what we need. But I'd like to see us deal away either Souray or Rivet and pick up a two-way guy who can move the puck also.

Higgins - Koivu - Kovalev
Bertuzzi - Ribeiro - Ryder
Perezhogin - Plekanec - Kostitsyn
Begin - Lapierre - Murray
Ferland

Markov - Rivet
Jonsson or Johnsson? - Kubina
Bouillon - Komisarek

Huet
Danis

tinyzombies is offline   Reply With Quote