View Single Post
11-26-2012, 09:15 PM
vCash: 500
Originally Posted by bruinsfan46 View Post
It's hard to know the league's feelings on full time players at 15. I imagine he applies to the league and hopes for the best. The OHL has done it three times without it backfiring so I'd like to see him get a shot if he's as good as his gaudy numbers suggest. Just can't predict the WHL's decision without any past cases (at least successful, has Barzal or anyone ever applied?) whereas we have a track record for the OHL (Tavaras, McFarland, Ekblad, Ho-Sang I believe, McDavid) of kids who have been accepted and denied. I imagine the WHL would be open to it since they're the only league to draft out of bantam and those kids can play a handful of games anyways that first year.
Not sure if Barzal applied with the intention of playing in the WHL, but I did read that he apparently tried to get an exception to play in the BCHL this year.
He's an affiliate with Coquitlam but has only played in special cases (opening weekend and when the Express were missing players due to the WJAC).
I don't believe Ho-Sang applied either and that he was only contemplating it, but I forget where I read it and won't say it's fact.

jfb392 is offline   Reply With Quote