View Single Post
Old
11-26-2012, 10:22 PM
The Zetterberg Era
Nyquist Explosion!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by eva unit zero View Post
Fedorov was absolutely dominant at his peak, and one of the league's best forwards for a decade. He was an elite defensive forward his entire career.

I personally think Fedorov is criminally underrated in historical view; I rate him in the 10-15 range among centers all-time (Abel also; Delvecchio is down around 20).
We have covered it but when it is as close as a lot of these guys are in the top 20, the length they played here and other factors come into play. I don't have a problem with where a lot of people want to put somebody this is all our opinion. I am lower on Sawchuk than a lot of people, I found that out. That doesn't mean he isn't a HHOF and a great Wings player, it just has to do with how you look at them and it is entirely personal. I understand the stats, but sometimes the feel element comes into play in this type of voting. Since we didn't establish this as talent or tenure but a subjective hybrid it is to the eye of the beholder. Delvecchio made the choice to stay in Detroit and has a bunch of things about him that make me think Red Wings player through and through. That is why I continue to laud his accomplishments, not because I think everyone is wrong but just to explain why I think he is underrated in this poll.

I guess you could say I vote by the one locked tenure. That could be right that could be wrong, but it is a factor for me. Lidstrom's numbers will look similarly staggering below that number 5.

The Zetterberg Era is offline   Reply With Quote