Thread: Speculation: Detroit: Bottom 6 Forwards
View Single Post
Old
11-26-2012, 11:33 PM
I3ig13ig

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WeridAl View Post
MPS is not being traded and from the looks of things Musil is looking rock solid as a stay at home D. Fat chance either one gets trade. Just watched Musil the other night and he's a keeper.
Gotta give quality to get quality.

Oilers are at the point where the rebuild has to stop soon. We've stockpiled tons of assets and have prospects that many teams would love to have. We need to start turning some of those prospects into established players that can fill the holes on our roster so we can begin to compete with the best. Teams win with depth around their core. Look at LA for example. They traded some of their best talent in Schenn, Simmonds and Johnson for established NHLers in order to fortify their roster and they won the cup.

Im not saying the Oilers need to trade assets to win the cup this season or even the next, but we're about at that time where we need to bring in more established players to build around our young core. Im not saying my offer for Helm was good for either side either, I was just gauging value. The rebuild has to end soon in order for this team to take the necessary steps it needs in order to compete night in and night out.

Just my $0.02 though. Cheers!

I3ig13ig is offline   Reply With Quote