View Single Post
Old
11-27-2012, 12:02 AM
I am the Liquor

vCash: 3099
Quote:
Originally Posted by s7ark View Post
While I am not a big fan of any of the halftime acts, they weren't designed to appeal to me. I was going to be watching the game regardless of who was playing. Bieber and co. were chosen to try and get some young people to watch the game with their parents and perhaps hold on to a few of these kids as lifelong fans. That and to get some attention in the US market.

And it probably worked.

Doubtful at best. This is the same wrong headed marketing strategy the Oil Kings employ. Fill the stands with unruly kids while the parents take the night off and let the kids do whatever they want.

I went to games as a kid. I got into hockey by playing the game as a youngster, watching it on tv and going to games. The WHA Oiler games were NOT marketed towards kids. People go to the games to watch the game, not to catch t shirts between plays or win perogy prize packs.

As far as the football entertainment goes, it should have been aimed at the target audience, most likely 18-50yr old males. So some kind of rock band and/or hot chick singer. Ask yourself how many 18-50yr old males want to see Lightfoot, Carly Rae, or Beiber? How about zero?