View Single Post
Old
11-27-2012, 12:18 AM
NotProkofievian

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriss E View Post
No, he cannot. To think he can easily impose his will on the best p4p fighter in the world (and possibly ever, all sports combined, according to Dana White) is just foolish.
It's not because he hasn't been submitted in a long time that it won't happen again. That's the dumbest theory ever. Stephen Bonnar never got KOd, we all saw how useful that fact was. Not comparing Bonnar to GSP, just saying, it's not because something hasn't happened that it will never happen.
Okay, I'm back. This **** was just so dumb, I had to stay away from the computer, or I was going to get myself bant.

Quite honestly, everyone has tried to submit GSP off their back, and no one has come remotely close. Do you know why that is? It's because his MMA grappling is incredible. Making a game plan around tapping GSP off your back is unlikely to lead to success. It's just going to give GSP the advantage on the score-card, and get you punched in the face a bunch of times.

Quote:
And I don't quite understand. You act surprised when I say all he has is wrestling (, but you then say he's the best wrestler of all time (I disagree, I think his wrestling is great but he usually has a pretty good size advantage over his opponents. I don't think he's a better or stronger wrestler than Sonnen on roids.) and he can bring the fight to the mat for 5 rds. I don't think that's going to be so easy because he will be receiving punches.
Also, if GSP is the best wrestler of all time (disagree unless you only mean WW), then Silva is the best striker. Except Silva's ground game is better than GSP's stand up one.
Of course you don't understand, what else is new? Took like 4 posts to explain to you the current state of the NHLPA's proposal.

My point is that you blew off GSP's advantage in wrestling as if that was somehow a trifling matter. It isn't. The transition game is the most important phase of an MMA fight. This is why during the second generation, the UFC was dominated by wrestlers. If you wrestled in college in the states, you can pretty well write a ticket for yourself in grappling gyms in europe, for this reason. If you can control where the fight happens, you have a tremendous advantage.

And I said that GSP was the most effective wrestler in UFC history, and that is true. The UFC has seen many great wrestlers, who, in a wrestling competition, would probably beat GSP. Henderson won Silver at the olympic games, for example. However, no one has applied wrestling as effectively as GSP. The guy has a takedown success rate of 80%. I don't think there's been an opponent who he hasn't been able to take down. What makes you think Silva will be different? Is he a better wrestler than Josh Koscheck? And you go on to say that GSP can't do it for 5 rounds. When has GSP ever gassed?

And what are you on about, Anderson's ground game is better than GSP's standup? Well it's a ****in' good thing GSP won't be using his stand up vs. anderson's ground game. What a silly thing to say indeed. What matters is who gets to control where the fight happens, and I think that would probably be GSP, and what happens once the fight reaches that destination. In that case, GSP has every tool he would need to be able to control Silva.

Quote:
Well, as I said, the UFC is the one that will make the decision. You have a problem, then talk about Dana White, not Silva.
Second, you don't make any sense. In your first paragraph, you say GSP has the ability to take A.S down, keep him there, impose his game and do it for 5 rounds. But now you add that GSP isn't ready yet??.
So what are you saying? GSP can dictate the fight and beat A.S without even being ready??

Silva will make GSP look like nothing more than a regular fighter, and I'm a GSP fan.

Also, GSP is the easier challenge between him and Jones. If White wants to create two super fights, it makes sense that GSP is the one that's up first.
Well there you go, Anderson has his strategy too. The heroic thing to do would say "f you dana, give me bones." But no, he wants the easier fight. But GSP can't want the easier fight too? All of a sudden his "excuse" is "weak"? Especially after coming off of a long injury? **** that man.

And please, give me a break with all this gotcha crap. I've said from the beginning that the GSP who fought Condit probably wouldn't win. He was clearly rusty, and clearly he needs to regain his form. I've been watching GSP for 7 years now, I know what he's capable of. GSP vs Condit was an 80% GSP.

NotProkofievian is offline   Reply With Quote